Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Old man, take a look at your life



"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
-Galileo Galilei
I have an idea.

One that has been with me for a long time.  And I find that each and every place I go, I meet someone to add, build to that idea.  It is quite simple and leads me down many paths, but overall the idea is there.  It is the base, source of all the dreams I have for the future.  With each person I meet, they give me new insight and knowledge to better tune myself.  I alter with the information I choose to retain and also, with the ones I throw out.  Both ways, I am constantly learning.
My dreams never change, only the journey to them is unwritten.

This idea may not be ready for me yet.  Better yet, I don't think I am ready for it yet.  I must take the growing idea, narrow it, shape it, construct it into a plan.  Grab from the sky, the tangled mess of motives, needs, ambitions and tame them into my idea.  Yes, broad, but all the pieces are there.  All the parts I need are at my fingertips and will present themselves as needed.

You need a pair of balls to go forth in this world.  Life is tough and if you really want to make a stand, a difference, nothing is going to be laid out for you.  The pieces are never going to all be there and you must go forth and build/find your own.  This involves taking risks, calculated risks.  Know who you are dealing with–change.  Know how you can deal with it–Start from the beginning and observe.  Observe all of the possible outcomes and factors in effect.  It's a fucking game and when you are good...You are on top of the world.  At the same time this place is a battlefield.


Hell, no one wants to jump in the "shit."  But when you are in the "shit," that is where is all happens.  Deals are lost and made.  Men rise and fall.  Hearts are broken, inspired, and together.  Stay out and you run in circles for the rest of your life.  Go ahead and jump in, take a chance and make your own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment