Monday, January 16, 2012

Never mistake motion for action

As I was unpacking my last bit of things today I found this quote:

"Never mistake motion for action."
-Ernest Hemingway

At least the way I read it, I believe it.
So many people work their days away in books, in papers, going here and going there, hoping that it will pay off.  Thinking that if they strive and slave away at this one class, it will make it all better in the end.  Or they work and work at that one job, as hard as they can, waiting for a way out.  Are they doing the right thing?  I believe so much in working hard and never giving up on your dreams, ever.  
The way you achieve your goals and make your own accomplishments is another thing.  I want to know that what I am doing, at any given time, is what I want to be doing and what I should be doing.  

I am going to take a step forward every day of my life, in the right direction.  Not only for myself.  For the ones I love, the ones that are the dearest and closest to me, and the stranger I just met on the side of the road.

I am generous and I am selfish
I am kind and I am mean
I am loving, but I am far...
I am scarred, but I am free.


No comments:

Post a Comment